The NZ Familial Gastrointestinal Cancer Service is a national service funded by the Ministry of Health and has offices in Auckland, Wellington and Christchurch. We are comprised of a multidisciplinary team that specialises in the assessment and management of familial gastrointestinal cancer. The team consists of family history assessors, genetic counsellors, gastroenterologists, colorectal surgeons, oncologists and geneticists. We work closely with genetic services in New Zealand.
- The advancement of knowledge in Gastroenterology in New Zealand.
- The promotion of improved standards in the practice of Gastroenterology, and of research into this and allied subjects.
- To conduct scientific and educational meetings.
- To foster national and international links with Societies and Associations relevant to the Field of Gastroenterology.
Members of the NZSG are Specialist Gastroenterologists, Physicians with an interest in Gastroenterology, Gastrointestinal Surgeons, Gastrointestinal Pathologists, Medical Scientists and Trainees in Gastroenterology. The Society currently has a membership of 140.
There is a strong Association with the NZNO Gastroenterology Nurses Section.
The Society is a member of the Asia Pacific Association of Gastroenterology as well as the World Body of Gastroenterology, OMGE. Members of the NZSG serve on various subcommittees and Boards of these international organizations.
Olympus is committed to playing a leading role in New Zealand, delivering first class endoscopic product solutions to customers, combined with unparalleled training, technical support and service. Our Olympus New Zealand Head office in Auckland includes Olympus LIVE, a centre that reflects its acronymous title to Learn, Inspire, Visualise and Experience. The facility includes a Medical Suite which emulates a real-world environment with functional Endoscopy and Surgical equipment allowing you to get hands-on with the Olympus 4K platform and procedural practice with a colonoscope. The concept provides customers with access to our latest technologies and best-in-class education, such as our Olympus Academy program. Olympus – The Future in Your Hands.
Cancer Society of New Zealand and is an independent non-government organisation dedicated to improving community wellbeing by reducing the incidence and impact of cancer. The Cancer Society is committed to working with our communities by providing leadership and advocacy in cancer control, with core services in:
- Health promotion and advocacy
- Supportive care for people living with cancer and their families
- Providing information and resources
- Funding vital cancer research
The Cancer Society of New Zealand is a non-government organisation reliant on community support, donations and bequests. In 2018:
- 3,561 calls were answered by experienced nurses on the Cancer Information Helpline
- 5,048 home visits made by Cancer Society nurses to patients
- 1,812 psychology sessions provided to patients and whanau / family
- 1,147 people attended Cancer Society group support sessions
- Volunteers provided 28,000 hours' worth of essential support and practical help to cancer patients and whanau including driving 646 cancer patients to 4,329 cancer treatments
- At Domain Lodge, 18,082 bed nights provided for patients and their support person
Promega Corporation is a leader in providing innovative solutions and technical support to the life sciences industry. Our Microsatellite Instability Analysis System (MSI) has been adopted as a global gold standard for characterizing tumour tissue for MSI/dMMR status, with over 120 peer-reviewed publications. The company's 4,000 products enable scientists worldwide to advance their knowledge in genomics, proteomics, cellular analysis, drug discovery and human identification.
A world-class event demands a world-class destination, and Auckland delivers on all fronts. City sophistication and excellent facilities are set within a stunning natural playground – making Auckland the perfect host for your business event. Nobody knows the city better than Auckland Convention Bureau (ACB). Our experienced team offers free and impartial advice to help you create an unforgettable experience from start to finish. We can support you with finding the perfect venues, accommodation and suppliers, provide creative ideas for activity and social programmes and assist with all aspects of bid support and preparation for international conventions.